Local events sponsored and sometimes facilitated by the museum and volunteers include:
- Dog Sled Races - approximately first week of January every year
[10 am to 4 pm]
- Heritage Days at the museum - approx. 3rd week of February, 2012:
- Come for the entertainment, the working displays, and the bannock;
- ...admission is free to the museum grounds. Enjoy some bannock (click on the link for our complimentary recipe). For more information regarding bannock in our North American culture, please visit the website celebrating Bannock Awareness published by the BC Ministry of Forests & Range.
- Annual Fort Nelson Trappers Rendezvous celebration - first week of March, 2012...watch for events at the museum and around town.
- Canada Day Parade (annually on July 1st). The museum contributes antique and heritage vehicles to the parade event along 50th Avenue North - the North frontage road paralleling the Alaska Hwy.
- Fort Nelson Historical Society
2012 Annual Dinner Meeting
Mid to late November 2012
Other Annual Events
- Monthly Moonlight Cross-Country Ski events at the Fort Nelson Recreation Forest (aka Community Forest). Usually scheduled the Saturday on or before the full moon.